Friday 25 December 2015

The 5 Most Popular Posts of 2015


I always think it'd be interesting at the end of each year of blogging to highlight the five most popular posts on The Travel Photographer blog... and this year is no exception.

In first place (by a significant margin) is:

Fuji X-T1 | Fuji 56mm f/1.2 | Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8


While I seldom post about gear (since there are more qualified people who do this better than I can), this post was about my impressions on two Fuji lenses used during trips to Hanoi and Bali. The two lenses were the Fuji 56mm f/1.2 and the Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8. 

I'm always taken aback by the popularity of any of my posts dealing with camera gear, but I guess it's because readers are interested in hands-on experience rather than technical nitty-gritty.

In second place is:

A Fuji X-T1 In Bali | Kuningan Ceremonies & More


This was also a post about my hands-on experience the Fuji X-T1 which I used almost exclusively during my week-long stay in Bali. I used it with a Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 and a newly acquired Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8. Following a firmware installation, I noticed a slight improvement in the X-T1's auto-focus speed and accuracy.

The third post in terms of popularity is:

Agung Parameswara | Devotion


While at the Foundry Photojournalism Workshop in Bali, I chanced upon the work of Agung Parameswara is a Bali-based freelance photographer specializing in documenting social cultural issues, delving in travel, and documentary photography. His focus is on Bali and his native Indonesia with a passion in capturing culture, folklore, landscape, and human events in conjunction with their surroundings.

Very nice work!

In fourth place is:

Hà Nội Color | Exposure | Leica M9 & X Pro1



I'm gratified that one of my favorite galleries of photographs made in the streets and alleys of Hà Nội's Old Quarter (referred to in Vietnamese as Phố Cổ) was so popular. These streets are enormously interesting in terms of history, culture and visual vignettes of everyday life; life that is carried out in the open for all to see. I used a Leica M9 and a Fuji X Pro 1 to make these photographs.

In fifth place is:

POV: This Thing Called 'Vision'


I'm also chuffed my favorite POV post of 2015 was so well enjoyed by readers. In the post, I quote myself as saying (and believing):

"Vision? What vision? I have no vision. I am a documentarian. I see something I'm interested in and I photograph it. That's my vision."

Many friends and followers on my Facebook page agreed with my premise and candor.

That's all, folks!!!


REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure